Month: June 2011

CMSMS – File Upload issue

So I’ve spent a little time over the years doing opensource web development, in particular PHP. And one of my favorite PHP platforms is CMS Made Simple (CMSMS) CMS Made Simple. Recently I was having an issue uploading files larger than 2MB using Image Manager. The error I was getting was “File could not be uploaded. This could be a permissions or Safe mode problem?” After doing some checking I decided to check the config file, and sure enough max upload was set at 2MB, see below.  I adjusted this to 10MB by changing the value to 10000000, and that resolved the issue. ——————————————- #Maxium upload size (in bytes)? $config[‘max_upload_size’] = 2000000; ——————————————–​...

Read More

Staycation

Today is day 10 of my staycation. I’ve been so busy with non IT things like sleeping in, playing with the kids, and eating fattening foods that I’ve almost completely forgotten what SharePoint 2007 Central Admin looks like. 🙂  Honestly, I had planned on spending some time with family out of state, studying to pass my 70-667, but some life changing family situations changed things from a vaca to a stayca and am emphasis on enjoying family and relaxing best we can. Anyways, since the end of my break is fast approaching I figured I’d better get back into the swing of things. I think I’ll spend some time working on my home dev box and seeing if I can build some automation for my site monitoring. Hope all is well in IT land for everyone.​...

Read More

What an Orphaned site really looks like. (and how to remove it)

The Beginning Not too long ago I Patched my very large SP2007 environment to the latest CU. (I can hear @ToddKlindt ‘s voice in my head right now) The environment had a large number of teamsites lets just say greater than 1500 and some of these teamsites were pretty large in size, pushing the 100GB content DB best practice limit. So I decided to apply a trick I’d learned from a different environment of removing the content databases from SharePoint, running the patches, then adding the content databases back once the actual servers were updated. This of course would upgrade the content database once it was re-added to the Web Application. Everything went great, or it seemed that way. The upgrade completed in about 3hrs for the entire environment. The sites I checked all were working correctly and well, the environment as a whole seemed to be very happy to be patched. I had no idea what I was to experience in the next couple days.   Excuse me sir? The next week was going by smoothly until I was notified of a site collection that was giving a 404 error. Upon a quick inspection of the site collection list, I could see the site was listed, but the amount of disk space used was 0 mb. This was very strange to me, normally if a site was having an issue with the...

Read More

Preupgradecheck error

I was running the stsadm -o preupgradecheck on my dev SharePoint 2007 environment and out of no one got an error “An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 43, position 220.”  I got no error information in the app or sys logs, and ULS wasn’t very helpful for me anyways. Maybe with verbose turned on it would have shown more, but that’s a different blog. Anyways I did some search and found some posts that made mention of a rule that the preupgradecheck was using and it having a conflict with the ampersand character “&”. It mentioned checking the content source names, but of course all of mine did not contain that character. I then remembered modifying one of the start URL’s in a content source at a developers request. So i checked out that content source url and sure enough the url included a couple variables including the & character. In order to get the preupgradecheck to run successfully I just removed that ampersand character, and saved the content source (it wasn’t doing any active crawls). The checker completed successfully and I modified the url in the content source back to the original which included the & and all is well. From seeing some other blogs about that similar error looks like the ampersand isn’t your friend with some .net web service calls.​...

Read More

Twitter Posts